Eye Q is proud to introduce the most advanced options in laser vision correction today. Our premium, no compromise approach has led us to choose the following laser technologies.
Advanced CustomVue Laser Vision Correction: The Most Advanced Custom Wavefront-Driven Treatment Available
Your choice to undergo laser vision correction with the VISX™Advanced CustomVue procedure from AMO puts you in good company. More physicians in the U.S. choose VISX™ lasers to perform laser eye surgery than all other lasers combined. That’s because VISX has led the industry since the beginning and continues to provide innovative advances that improves outcomes and ensures patient satisfaction.
The Advanced CustomVue procedure offers the broadest range of treatment available.
The Advanced CustomVue procedure represents many years of research, testing and clinical trials to secure approval from the U.S. Federal Drug Administration (FDA). Today, Advanced CustomVue stands in a class of its own, offering the broadest range of FDA-approved indications. Now, more than 94 percent* of eligible candidates may potentially benefit from the Advanced CustomVue procedure. Advanced CustomVue procedure has earned FDA approvals to treat nearsightedness ranging from mild to severe (up to 11 diopters of correction), farsightedness, and all forms of astigmatism.
*Market Scope Data, U.S. Vision Population, 21 Years of Age or Older, 2005
The Advanced CustomVue procedure delivers exceptional outcomes.
The Advanced CustomVue procedure is now a potentially superior vision correction alternative to glasses and contact lenses. Clinical studies have shown that 91 percent of all patients treated were as satisfied or more satisfied with their vision after the Advanced CustomVue procedure than they were before the procedure with glasses or contact lenses. Clinical studies also showed high participant satisfaction with night vision after the Advanced CustomVue procedure.
Many surgeons agree that the new level of measurement accuracy possible with the VISX system makes the Advanced CustomVue procedure the most effective laser corrective procedure available for the broadest range of vision imperfections.
How is this possible?
Advanced CustomVue™ laser vision correction combines a number of technology innovations into a laser vision correction procedure individually customized to each eye.
WaveScan WaveFront™ System with Fourier Algorithms
Your eyes are as unique as your fingerprint. Advanced CustomVue addresses your eyes’ distinct characteristics using the WaveScan WaveFront System and VISX™ Technology’s exclusive mathematical rules (Fourier algorithms) to capture each eye’s unique imperfections with far greater accuracy than ever before possible. Like a topographical map showing the surface features of a landscape, WaveScan™ technology creates a detailed map of your eye’s optical system. The system translates that information into completely personalized digital treatment instructions and sends them directly to the STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System.
VISX Iris Registration
The Advanced CustomVue procedure provides a new level of precision in treatment alignment with VISX Iris Registration, the first FDA-approved, fully automated method of aligning treatment. It’s normal for the pupil to shift positions from the time an eye is measured to the time of treatment. Iris registration technology centers the treatment correctly, regardless of the amount of time between wavefront measurement and laser treatment and independent of changes in the pupil center from measurement to treatment.
VISX STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System
The VISX STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser system represents the most advanced laser technology platform available today. Integrating data collected by the WaveScan WaveFront System, the STAR S4 IR utilizes VISX Iris Registration and other exclusive VISX technologies to deliver advanced precision and enhanced safety. The Advanced CustomVue procedure is not affected by the patient’s eye movement during treatment and minimizes correction to only those areas of the cornea that require reshaping.
Facts to Remember:
- Advanced CustomVue is FDA-approved to potentially treat more than 94 percent* of patients eligible for laser vision correction.
- Advanced CustomVue represents the next generation of laser vision correction, combining the technologies of the WaveScan Wave Front System and the VISX STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser with Iris Registration (IR).
- Advanced CustomVue has established a new standard in laser vision correction by earning FDA approval to treat mild to severe nearsightedness with or without astigmatism, farsightedness with or without astigmatism, and mixed astigmatism.
- The Advanced CustomVue procedure is wavefront-driven and features VISX’s exclusive, proven mathematical formulas, enabling doctors to measure and correct the unique imperfections in each individual’s eyes.
- Wavefront-guided Advanced CustomVue™ treatment tailors a distinct correction for each individual eye. In fact, each treatment is “designed” by the unique characteristics of the individual’s eyes.
- Advanced CustomVue is the wavefront-guided laser vision correction procedure with the broadest range of FDA-approved treatments.
- As demonstrated in clinical trials, the Advanced CustomVue procedure can potentially produce better vision than is possible with glasses or contact lenses.
*Market Scope Data, U.S. Vision Population, 21 Years of Age or Older, 2005
During clinical trials for FDA approval, participants undergoing Advanced CustomVue treatment for all indications achieved the following outcomes:
- More than 95 percent of all clinical study participants could pass a driving test without glasses or contact lenses one year after treatment.
- Almost three quarters of all clinical study participants could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contact lenses one year after treatment.
- Clinical study results showed high participant satisfaction with night vision after the VISX™ Advanced CustomVue procedure compared to night vision before with glasses or contact lenses.
Study participants achieved notable outcomes in each of the indications, including these highlights:
- 98 percent of participants could see 20/20 or better one year after the procedure.
- 70 percent of participants could see 20/16 or better one year after the procedure.
- Nearly 80 percent of participants saw as well or better without glasses after treatment as they did with glasses before treatment.
- One year after treatment, 86 percent of participants could see 20/20 or better and 100 percent could pass a driving test without glasses or contact lenses.
- 59 percent could see 20/16 or better one year after the procedure.
- 88 percent of participants were as satisfied or more satisfied with the sharpness and clarity of their vision after Advanced CustomVue treatment than they were wearing glasses or contact lenses before treatment.
- More than 95 percent of participants could see well enough to pass a driving test – without glasses or contact lenses – nine months after their Advanced CustomVue procedure.
- Six months after treatment, 89 percent of participants said they were as satisfied or more satisfied with their daylight vision without glasses or contact lenses as they were with glasses before treatment.
- More than 95 percent of participants could see well enough to pass a driving test a year after treatment.
- Nearly twice as many participants were very satisfied with their night vision without glasses as they were with glasses before treatment.
“Anticipate… Clarity… Brilliance… Vivid… Intense… Eye Q.”