On this page we provide information about all current career opportunities available at the clinic.
Are you an individual who loves helping people? At Eye Q Premium Laser a position for an Ophthalmic Technician is available for a person who has experience in ophthalmology and looking to apply their skills to our fast-paced clinic. Dr. Joseph Leong-Sit and Dr. Dean Mah are looking for a dynamic individual to assist them in their day-to-day clinics. With our patient lists growing and new diagnostic equipment, you are sure to gain experience and knowledge while working at Eye Q.
You will be great at multi-tasking, a quick learner and be detail oriented and have the ability to work well with a team as well as independently. In this role your primary duty will be to assist our ophthalmologists by pre-screening all of their patients as well as assisting with other patient care tasks.
At our clinic we offer Ophthalmic-medical and elective (Lasik) surgical services and serve a wide range of people in the community. We are located just west of downtown Edmonton in a beautiful new building. We pride ourselves in only offering state of the art technology combined with expert medical/surgical knowledge. The perfect candidate will preserve our ideology by offering premium patient care. We offer a competitive salary and a benefit’s package.
- Taking patients’ medical histories
- Performing various vision and diagnostic testing
- Instructing patients about medications, tests and procedures
- Occasional administrative work
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Ophthalmic experience
- Ability to operate ophthalmic equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Passion for helping others
- Experience with Electronic Health Records
- Experience with Health Quest is considered an asset
- COA is preferred
If you are the right person for the job, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 4, 2014